Pick Up Six

Sunday, October 14, 2012

birthday, band, train ride

Maddy eats her birthday breakfast in bed. Even though her birthday was on  tuesday Sept 18, we did breakfast in bed on Monday because our school district starts school one hour late every monday for teacher collaboration, so Maddy didn't have to be to seminary until 8am. This gave us a little more time for a nice breakfast.
Continuing our pinata tradition for this year. It takes several days to make a pinata, and Maddy's birthday snuck up on me. Realizing that i didn't have time to make a pinata with a balloon and paper mache, i asked maddy if she would be okay with me putting the candy in a cardboard box as her pinata. she said, "I don't care. You can even throw the candy in the air." I opted for the box, it was a little more sportsman-like.
Maddy (top row) plays the flute in the pep band. This was her first football game.
We took an historic train ride for a homeschool field trip. Ben has been asking me for years "When can I ride on a train." The train ride was a little boring (the speed of the 100 year old train was about 20 mph), but at least Ben will stop asking me that question!
I was asked to take family pictures for the families of our ward for a RS craft project. I took this picture for practice. I like the way it turned out.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Pinatas take a lot less time if you use cereal box cardboard to make the form instead of paper mache. I do it all the time!

    ReplyDelete