Pick Up Six

Sunday, November 11, 2012

"Mom, I love you!"

Maddy's first dance - Jenkins High School Homecoming Dance
Maddy's group of good friends. They have gotten together for parties at each other's houses. We hosted one at our house where everyone made pizza's, explored outside, and hang out inside. They are a good group of friends. There was no swearing and everyone was courteous and respectful of us and each other. Unfortunately Maddy is the only member of the church in the group.
The girls got together before the dance to do hair and make-up. 
Carving our pumpkins.
Cute kids, cute pumpkins.
Halloween: Zorro, cinderella, lollypop girl, cowgirl, construction worker. Mackensey is wearing a "Roy Rogers" shirt that Grandpa Thomason had as a kid. When I told her that, she said, "Who's Roy Rogers?" I told her he was like a superhero/Superman from the olden days.
I chaparoned a field trip to the Spokane Symphony with Mindy and Mackensey.
Mindy and Mackensey with a good friend from church.
I taught Makayla's primary class this year until I was released a few weeks ago. Now I am the counsellor in the Primary presidency over cub scouts. I went to a pack meeting last week and it reminded me of the pack meetings I attended with my brothers many years ago. Nothing has changed. We did the "round of applause" and the watermelon cheer (which is actually kinda gross when you think about it). I am glad to be learning the ins and outs of scouting before Ben gets there in 2 1/2 years.

Benjamin lost his first tooth!
Marianne has been a 2 1/2 year old tornado recently. She has gotten more spankings this past week than the first 2 1/2 years of her life (probably 3 spankings this week). The last time I spanked her and was too angry to show her an increase in love afterwards. To distract her from crying I took her downstairs to get her dressed. Halfway down the stairs she said, "Mom, I love you!" Well, I picked her up right then and gave her lovin's and kisses. She is a handful, but also a joy and a blessing.

Have a great veteren's day!

1 comment: