Pick Up Six

Sunday, April 6, 2014

"Ugh, this is going to be SO Boring!"

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I guess our lives have been very boring lately, with nothing noteworthy to blog about. Not to worry, though. With three April birthdays, a trip, and spring break, I'll have lots to say in the future. I downloaded the pictures off my camera to see what we've been up to this month.
I took this picture of Ben outside of our Stake Center. We were waiting for Stake Conference to start (we got there early to get good seats since our stake presidency was re-organized and we had two visiting general authorities), and Ben asked if he could go for a walk. I told him yes, if he would let me take picture of him. I was surprised when he quickly agreed and was so co-operative.
Marianne and Maddy get to hang out and have sister bonding time on Thursdays when the rest of the kids are at their elementary school for enrichment classes. 

Maddy and Marianne made a chain until Barry and I leave for our trip to Hawaii. 
Marianne used the extra strips of paper to make "crayon holders". I thought the idea was very creative. She had to demonstrate it to me since I had a hard time understanding what she was saying. Marianne was tested and accepted into the program for speech therapy at the elementary school. She had her first one-on-one lesson with the speech therapist this week and was really looking forward to it because she got to play with play-dough on her initial appointment. After five minutes of working with the speech therapist on the SH sound and the ending D sound, she gave a huge sigh and said, "Ugh, this is going to be SO Boring!" We had a hard time keeping a straight face after that comment. She did get to play some games and as we left she asked when she could come back.

I say this month has been pretty boring for us, but not for Mindy, Mackensey and Makayla. They have put in many many hours getting ready for and performing the play HONK. (The braodway version of the ugly duckling). Mindy was a sister to Ugly. Mackensey was a goose and Makayla was a chicken.

Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment