Pick Up Six

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Don't eat the worms!

This week went by very quickly for us. I guess that happens this time of year. We are closing out the school year with tests, concerts, field trips and other activities. Our school lets out on the 14th, so we still have 2 more weeks until summer break. On Thursday of this week I took Ben to school with his sisters to let him sit in on a few classes (music and gym). He was a little nervous but ended up having fun and is looking forward to kindergarten in the fall. Ben also had fun on Friday night going on the Father/Son campout with Barry. He was counting down the days. I had fun on Saturday. Our city is getting rid of several flower beds near city hall and they invited anyone who wanted to to come down on Saturday and dig up any flowers/bushes they wanted (for free). I was there for two hours and filled up the back of the mini van with hundreds of dollars worth of bushes, bulbs, flowering plants and ground cover. This was perfect because I had just made flower beds in the middle of our circular driveway, so now I have plants in those beds! We look forward to celebrating Barry's birthday on Monday!
Mindy at her May piano recital. Notice there is no music on the piano. At the spring recital all the students have to memorize their pieces. All the girls did well in piano this year and are looking forward to a summer break.
Makala lost another tooth this week after I took this picture, so she really is a toothless wonder!
Maddy gets herself set up in the starting blocks. Maddy made it to district finals in the 4 by 100 relay, which took place on Wednesday. Maddy will have a lot more time now that track is over. She also turned in her big History essay on Friday, so she really will have more free time.
Ben and Barry at Skippers for Ben's birthday dinner/date.

This is Marianne holding Mindy's skink. Mindy caught it in the wild and has kept it alive for several months now. She learned what it eats and has fed it crickets and worms. (She goes to my garden and digs up the precious worms!) The skink has escaped twice and lived through hiding out in the piano and being sucked up by the vacuum!

Mindy took this picuture. I don't know why Ben chose this as his pose... He is a big tease like his daddy.
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment