

When I sent out the picture of Marriane eating the flour out of the pantry, my Dad couldn't resist sending me these photo's of my brother and me playing with the flour. I think my Dad's words were: Like Mother Like Daughter, or The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Something like that.
This week I was able to go skiing twice! Once on Monday with the girls, then last night Barry and I went up for night skiing. It was Barry's second time skiing, the first time in over 15 years. Ted Bowers met us up there (he was the person who taught me) for Barry's first skiing lesson. Watching Barry learn to ski reminded me of where I was six weeks ago for my first lesson. I've come a long way! I was feeling pretty pleased with myself, invisioning how much my skiing ability has improved (from non-existent to passable). Then I came down the end of a run and my opinion changed. With the lights behind me it caused my shadow to reach in front of me and I saw bent and crooked legs where I thought I was smooth and fluid. I was doing well, but there is always room for improvement. I was enjoying myself, though, and that is the important part!
With tomorrow's holiday and our schools being closed on Friday, we are enjoying a four day weekend! Mostly relaxing, baking, having friends over, etc.
Have a great weekend! Love, Avery
No comments:
Post a Comment