The first half of this week was spent cleaning the house and getting it ready for an appraisal. We are trying to refinance our loan. This is a picture of Marianne holding her kite. She came out to fly her kite while I was scraping the paint off the pillars to repaint them.
Here is a close up of the paint job. I painted the pillars six years ago. I wasn't planning on repainting so soon. We haven't painted all of the trim in the basement yet.
Thursday afternoon the children played the piano at Chataqua for their teacher and with the rest of their piano students. Ben was the youngest student playing. Maddy was one of the oldest. She had 16 students perform, and five of them were from our family. They just played their spring recital songs. They have not been practicing piano over the summer.
Marianne won first prize for her age group in a coloring contest. Here she is receiving her award from the Mayor. She did not want to go up on stage alone and had asked me to go with her. Mindy volunteered and she was okay with that. Marianne was also nervous about whether it would be a boy or a girl giving her the award. Thankfully our mayor is female. That made Marianne less nervous. She got $10 and a free Chataqua t shirt. I shouldn't tell you this, but there were only two entries for her age group in the coloring contest.
Saturday morning we met at the high school for the 5K/10K race. Maddy ran in the 10K race and did it in 1 hour and 4 minutes, her personal record (PR). She got a first place medal! I shouldn't tell you this, but she was the only girl in her age category. Everyone who ran in the 5K did really well and beat their times as well. After the race I asked if they wanted to do it again next year and they said no. We went to the award ceremony and Makayla received a second place ribbon. After that she told me she wants to race next year.
After the race we walked in the parade to help out a friend who is running for county assessor. He is not related to me (my maiden name is Olsen, with an e).
After the parade Barry and I went to Spokane for a ward temple session. I think Maddy spent more time babysitting the kitten than her siblings.
Have a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment