Pick Up Six

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Spring is Sprung, Da Grass is Riz


Makayla wanted to make pom poms for her American Girl Doll. She looked for a tutorial or instructions online and didn't find any. Finally she bought some tinsel at the dollar store and came up with her own way. She wanted me to video her giving instructions on how to make pom poms for your doll.


Mindy, Barry and I waiting for the Lilac Parade to start. Maddy's marching band got an award this year, which was the first time for them, so they were pretty excited.


Bowling at a homelink activity



Mindy enjoyed all of the attention her little sister was getting them...


I opened up the cupboard to this surprise!

We had a special treat this spring. A robin made a nest and hatched eggs in our birdhouse.


Welcome little ones!


I am re-posting this picture so that you can see the birdhouse in the background. We got it from our friends when they moved. I thought it would look cute as a decoration. I didn't expect the birds to use it, but they do. It's really fun because we can watch the birds come and go right outside the dining room window. The top house  is the one that is occupied.


It must be spring. We have cute little kittens to play with!






This momma cat has been a good mouser, and she had 4 kittens last week. We have another cat who doesn't hunt, she had two kittens on Friday, and she rejected them. The first momma adopted her two nieces, and we will be getting rid of her no good sister. (A lesson to teach our children - if you don't pull your weight around here.....) 



Mindy got 26 inches cut off of her hair this week. 


I told her that her new haircut made her look like a teenager and I'm not ready for her to look like a teenager, so we needed to glue it back on.



Have a great week!







1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun :) Did you post the instructions on youtube? The birds occupying the bird house reminds me of this story - http://www.amazon.com/Nest-Bright-Early-Playtime-Books/dp/037583267X

    ReplyDelete