Pick Up Six

Sunday, September 15, 2013

First Day of Real School

This was our second week for doing schoolwork, but our first week for "the extra's". This includes piano lessons, guitar club for Mackensey and Makayla, and Thursdays at the elementary school. They look forward to these outside activities. At the end of our first week of school Ben asked me when we were going to start school. I told him we had already started school and had been doing it all week. "NO, I mean REAL school." So here is a picture to prove that we started REAL school this week. If you magnify the picture you can read what Mindy's t-shirt says, "Bratty and cute, but I'm worth it." She got a lot of comments from others on her t-shirt. She told me that one boy, after reading her t-shirt said, "That is so true." She responded, "You think I'm cute?" I don't remember what he said after that but he was a little tongue tied. I imagined what he was thinking, though: "Sheesh, I tell a girl she's a brat and she takes it as a compliment!"
We gave Maddy breakfast in bed this morning. She turns 15 in Wednesday, but with Seminary we opted to do breakfast on a day when we have more time in the morning. Maddy has been busy this week with 2 cross country meets. She is really excited because her coach chose her to be on the varsity team and she got a nicer uniform than she would have being JV. She has done well preparing all summer (running in 90 degree weather) to be ready for cross country. She is enjoying being on the team. Mindy has also joined cross country and has her first meet this week.

Have a great week.


No comments:

Post a Comment