This weekend we celebrated Benjamin's birthday on Saturday, and my birthday on Sunday. Maddy made a lego cake for Ben and Barry made a triple layered homemade german chocolate cake with homemade coconut pecan frosting for me. We had homemade vanilla ice-cream both nights. Tonight before we cut my cake Barry took it to the scale to weigh it. It weighed over 9 pounds! I imagine Ben's cake probably weighed over 6 pounds, so between the both our family had over 15 pounds of birthday cake in 2 days! Don't worry, we didn't eat it all. We freeze leftover birthday cake for future family home evening treats. We're pretty much set for treats until Barry's birthday on June 4th!



We took Ben to Colville for his birthday outing and let him choose the restaurant where we ate dinner. The choices were: Taco Time, Mc Donalds, Zips, Mi Casita (mexican). He chose Zips, which of all of those places is the only place he has eaten at before (I think). I guess he figures better the devil you know than the devil you don't know.
Have a great week!
Did Maddy use marshmallows for the Lego cakes? Clever :)
ReplyDelete