Pick Up Six

Sunday, February 26, 2012

A watched pot never boils.

Makayla made a baby blanket for her speech therapist who had a baby.

Makayla loves to eat hard boiled eggs. Yesterday I was teaching her how to make hard boiled eggs. After she had placed the eggs in the pot, covered them with water, put the lid on the pot and turned the stove on high, I told her to wait for the water to start boiling. As she sat by the pot of water waiting for it to boil I suggested that she step away and do something else for a few minutes. "They say a watched pot never boils" I told her, then explained to her that concept. After listening intently she asked, "Who posted that one?"


Ben stands on top of the snow cave.

Benjamin has been very helpful this week. I had taught him how to move the clothes from the washer to they dryer and start it several weeks ago. This week I asked him to switch over his laundry. After he did that he saw a tablecloth waiting to be washed he put it in the front loader and came into the kitchen and asked me, "How do you start the wet dryer?" It took a few mintues to figure out that he was asking me how to start the washing machine. I explained to him how, but told him that he shouldn't start a load with just a tablecloth to wash, that would waste water. I told him I had a laundry hamper of dirty clothes in my room that he could wash, so he did! Boy Howdy - if I can have my four year old take over the laundry chores, my life would be sweet!





Speaking of living on Easy Street. After changing Marianne's messy, I placed the soiled cloth diaper in the toilet to rinse. Marianne grabbed the diaper, swished it around, then placed it in the diaper pail. Can it get any better than this?

1 comment: