Pick Up Six

Sunday, April 10, 2011

humming girl, whistling/singing girl

Ben enjoyed playing outside in the nice weather
We had a great spring break this week! It started out with Barry and me going skiing on Monday morning. Toyota sponsors a ski free week for spring break, which is also the last week that the ski hill is open. Even though this was Barry's second time on the hill, he has shown much improvement.

Tuesday was spent touch up painting on the house (something that we have said we would do ever since we moved in over two years ago). We gave everyone (including Ben) a paintbrush and some paint (scary) and assigned out different rooms throughout the house. Amazingly there were no spills. :-)

Wednesday Maddy had a babysitting job, so Barry stayed home with the kids while I took Mackensey up to the ski hill. In her beginning ski class they had not gone up to the top and she wanted to do that. I was wondering if she would be scared, but stopped worrying about it when I heard her humming behind me as she followed my down the mountain. If the humming stopped I would turn around and wait for her...that usually meant that she fell down.

Thursday we planted the cool weather crops in our garden. With me supervising, the children worked fast and we got it done quickly. I left for a few minutes to put the baby down for a nap, and when I returned Mindy and Makayla had finished their rows of broccoli and carrot seeds by sprinkling them on top of the dirt. This will be fun to watch what and where (and if) these plants come up!

Friday Maddy babysat while Barry and I took Mindy skiing (Maddy had gone snowboarding with a friend on Thursday). As Mindy followed my down the mountain I heard whistling and singing. I am just amazed at how relaxed these girls are while skiing. My first few times I was holding my breath! The second time down Mindy was in the lead. She skied "french fry" (parallel) until she wanted to slow down, then "pizza" (snow plow). No wonder the kids are hungry after skiing lessons, if that is how they teach them!

Saturday we cut wood in the morning, then Barry and I went to Colville for a date in the evening.

Now it's time to return to regular schedule. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment